We develop revolutionizing medical device products for male infertility. To individualize In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) diagnostics and treatments. Resulting in a reduced number of IVF iterations to achieve fertilization.
WHO estimates that globally more than 48 million couples are affected by infertility. For couples, male infertility has a factor in at least 50 % of all cases. Spermosens is developing products based on a patent-protected technology for male infertility diagnostics and infertility treatment.
With Spermosens’ first product, the JUNO-Checked System, it will, for the first time, be possible to determine sperm’s ability to bind to the egg cell. This will enable the IVF clinics to choose the appropriate IVF treatment. Today less than 1 out of 5 IVF treatments succeed. Determining the sperm’s ability to fertilize the egg cell is expected to reduce the number of IVF treatments leading to fertilization.
- Reduced number of IVF treatments to achieve fertilization
- Reduced waiting period for couples living with infertility
- Less negative psychological effects
- Reduced cost for the couples in treatment
- Reduced need for hormonal treatments of the female patient
- Increased number of patients for the IVF clinic
- Improved financial outlook for IVF clinics
Spermosens has been listed on Spotlight Stock Market since May 5th, 2021.